No rsvp's to my pre teens party :(

No one has officially rsvpd but have told my daughter they are not coming. I have spent 100's of non refundable $ she is crushed I am angry and SAD. Its hard enough to be a pre-teen but to be sad is a whole other thing. NEED suggestions to help my daughter get thru the heart break :(

charlotte7070

Asked by charlotte7070 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I work at a kids place(monkey joes), 20/24 kids will not rsvp , they just show up. I would call everyone invited and see. It is not wrong , just say you have to be well prepared food wise and were just wondering if they could make it or not. if all else fails, make it a girls day out together. day at the spa/nails/lunch/movie/shopping. Return whatever u can that u bought for the party and use that refund money toward a good day out
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Ask her if there are other people she'd like to invite to replace those that definitely aren't coming........
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you have the numbers of people who you invited, I would call and ask them if they are coming. It's rude for them not to call so don't feel bad about putting them on the spot.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There was recently a baby shower for a cousin held. People that did rsvp didn't show up and others that didn't respond came. Some people may feel that you'll automatically know that since you sent them an invite that they'll be there and they don't have to rsvp. Some people are just like that. Send out an email to fam and friends as a friendly reminder and ask them to rsvp again. Tell them that you misplaced the list of who responded and was coming.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• when is the party?
    is it a bday party?
    can she ask her friends if they are coming?
    Anonymous

• If you put RSVP on the card, please understand that there are a lot of people that do not know what that means. I've had several kids show up to parties I didn't expect because the parents did not understand the meaning of RSVP. Have her give them all a call and tell them she is looking for a head count so you know how to prepare.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• people never have responded to rsvp's on any party invitations that we've given out. They do show up- but it's usually half as many as we invite...or less

I don't get what is SO FREAKING hard about letting someone know if you are coming or not- it helps the people giving the party not to go overboard with spending if there won't be many people there...SO frustrating
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm going through that with my daughter's party too. The funny thing about that is after I gave out the invites, the place I am having the party at called to change it to the next day because there is a triathlon going on that day so the pool is being used. I guess those who did not RSVP will be in for a bit of a surprise.

But seriously, I think it is rude not to RSVP because we do put time and effort and money into planning parties. The least the invitees can do is give us head's up. It is the courteous thing to do.

I hope things work out and I understand her heartbreak..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't know your financial situation and how much you will have lost from this party, but I would suck that up, and take her out to maybe a fun activity or restaurant she loves. I'm from Orlando so there was all kinds of amusement parks and such and a few birthdays I had I went with my closest friend or couple friends and went to the theme parks! Could you do something like that for her?
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had a band and lots of refreshments and no one showed up to my party when I was in high school!!!!! I was devastated but my mom was calm and said since no one showed up then no one knew no one showed up. That meant I could go to school Monday morning and let people think it was the party of the century and make them regret missing it! This is a great experience for her to learn from. Life is going to be rough. People are going to let her down in life. Help her deal with this and let her know it's not her, it's them and the other parents for not teaching their children manners. I don't know what all deposits you put down but talk with the vendors. Maybe the money can be put toward something else they offer.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2011