how to make my 3 year old stop wakeing up so early?

if she takes a nap or not every moring my daudgter wakes up at 5.is this a mediacal prob or

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Two options:
    Put a large digital clock in her room. Write an acceptable "get-up" time on a piece of paper and tape it above the clock. Tell her that she can get out of bed when the numbers match.

Put a light in her room on a timer (I use my DD's fish tank light). Tell her she can get out of bed when the light comes on. My DD is 23 months old and does pretty well with not screaming to get up before "fishy morning".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• What time does she go to bed for the Night?
    My Daughter is 3 years old, and her bed time is between 8:30 PM and 10:00 PM and she wakes up between 7 AM and 8 AM.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Put her to bed later. Adjust her naptime for a little later in the afternoon & let her stay up an hour later at night. Also, make sure the curtains are making her room nice and dark. The sun comes up early in the summer & that might have something to do with it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I agree with the make sure her room is dark thing, but keeping her up late might not do the trick, if kids get overtired they can have a rougher night... if i put my kids to bed at 8 (regular bedtime), they sleep until 7, if i put them down at 7 they sleep until 7, if i put them to bed at 11 or 12 they are still up at 7.... matter of fact two night ago we were up late dealing with some fun stuff and they didn't get to bed until 2am, guess what? they were all three up at 7!!!
    Anonymous

• It just sounds like you have an early riser... Try a later bedtime, or maybe a later nap once in mid-afternoon.... Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My dd gets up at 7 and for me that is too early. I let her crawl in bed with me and I ask her to bring some books along. she hangs out until I am awake.

Sometimes, I set something fun out in the hallway she'll see when she gets up, like a toy from the toy closet she doesn't play with often, for example our little people barn.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• one more thing- she goes to bed at 7. my son goes to bed at 7 but is like me and usually sleeps until 8 or later.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• thank u all for ur suggestions. she goes to bed at 8.30 evry nite except when we have compan on sat or fri nite when its 10. and no matter how late she sleeps she up bright and early.as for the dark room when she goes to my mom(who lives in a basement apt)its the same thing,and there no window in the room she sleeps in over there.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• lol.kaycee14 i was thinkin of that.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2008