What is your definition of a "good" parent?

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• A good parent in my mind is someone who loves their child unconditionally treats them fairly and with respect and guides them through their years so that when they do become an adult they can be a respectful and productive member of society. A good parent doesn't judge their child and never puts them down, yet disciplines in a manner that the child understands when they mess up there are consequences for their action. Hitting NEVER got anyone ahead in life only teaches them to HIT back. Children need guidance and love and discipline and role models that will guide them to become the best they can be. Reward and Love your child!
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 12:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• A good parent is one who puts the needs of the child ahead of his or her own personal relationship needs, ego, and wants.
    Jmomma532

Answer by Jmomma532 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Jmomma already said what I was going to say. A good parent is one who puts their children first, always. If a parent truly does that,and loves their child unconditionally, the child will be just fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• ME
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Stays involved
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• is there for them no matter what. I tell my girls their song is aint no mountain high enough. I would be there for them for anything they need from me that my arms are open wide for them.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• A "good" parent makes sure that their child(ren) are fed, clothed, sheltered, bathed, happy and loved...and they make sure these needs are met for their children before themselves.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011