Confused bout working

My old job is letting me come back. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it will all my difficulties. I have to pay for a sitter and transportation to the location (it can vary to where). It pays $9 (well last time I worked there 09).

I already have a sitter and for pt time childcare and trans I pay her $150 a week. If I ask her if she could drive me to the work locations and watch my kid more hours I would bump it up of course but with only being paid $9hr?????

There is no real set schedule for the job it is when ever there is a location that needs cateres we go but he said business is booming...so I don't know if it is even worth trying out for week or just sit and be sad I can't work??? I tried asking my mother for advice and she was just worried about her problems.

***I really want to work cause I need/want money. I hate being this broke and not having crap.****

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm afrid i would be doing way to much for little result,
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I know that feeling :( I worked two jobs to get ahead and wound up going into the negative with the daycare even after giving them my entire pay check so it was like working for free. I would just write down the numbers it would cost you to take your job back all the expenses that go with and see if it would be worth it HUUUUUUGSSS
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• With a job like that perhaps you could carpool with a coworker? I don't know how much that would save but it's worth consideration I think. :) Have you checked into getting child care assistance? I know budgets are tight and there may not be anything available but I would find out. One of my daycare families is currently receiving help. A single mom of 1 working part time making a little over $9 an hour pays me $89 out of her pocket.
    Anonymous

• my expereince childcare takes forever so I bypass it and pay out of pocket. Yes after I get to know some people I can carpool but at least the first day I need to provide my own way. Only thing with trying to project cost is nothing is set in stone. Like I could get called in one week and no the other, each job can range from 5-8+ hours....its a real good job when you have like a hubby at home or gma can babysit so you dont have to rush to be done with things so you dont have to pay overtime for someone watching the child. And yes I am spending about my entire refund for this semester....I would so like to have something left in my pocket. Thanks for the hugs :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The more work experience you have, the more money you will make. Take the job, and keep looking for a better paying one.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you want to work, it's worth trying it out. If the money isn't cutting it, you will know soon enough.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I felt the same thing, that is why I don't work and being at SAHM because I felt like the whole paycheck is going straight to daycare/babysitter. So, I'm looking into some jobs now and see how it goes for me. But again, you never know what is going work out for you if you don't try out and see how it goes. So, If you really really want to work and start have little bit more moolah in your pocket then I would say go for it and TRY make it work! Just do what is best thing for yourself and your family :) Hugs Hugs!

breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 12:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have you considered looking into working from home? I am a stay at home Mommy to 9 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It's an enjoyable and flexible home business.

I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Natalee
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my website:www.FamilyCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!

Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011