Im getting nervous as i get closer to my due date

im only 27 weeks and and i am getting really nervous because my due date is only 13 weeks away and i remember it hurting with my first , but i have panic attacks/ anxiety and im worried what if i have one while im in labor and feel like i cant breathe? did anyone have this happen while you were in labor? and also is there anything i can do before then to make my labor go by faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have this happen but you might do some relaxation exercises and breathing. Google it and start doing them now to relax you and get to a calmer place. GL!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 1:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It almost happened with my first. I waited until I was almost 9 cm dilated to get an epidural (I was against getting one and decided last minute I couldn't take it any longer lol!). Anyways, when they checked me to see if I was able to get one, the nurse told me it was a little to late. I started panicking even more at that point and my breathing became really shallow and quick and I started feeling nautious and my hands were very tingly because I wasn't getting enough oxygen. Somehow I got through it all with the positive support of my SO and nurses and doc. My advice to you--be prepared! If you know you will be getting an epidural, make sure to get one as soon as you can, but most importantly have the people you want be there with you when the time comes-I think that makes all the difference!
    a.emily

Answer by a.emily at 1:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My S/O likes to make jokes alot and can be annoying at times I dont know if I can do it with him in the room, but I want him to be so what can I do to make him stop if it happens?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm 35 weeks with my 2nd and I'm extremely nervous because anything can happen and I'm worried that something will go wrong. I try to focus on the positive and the thought that in few weeks I'll get to hold and see my new baby. With my daughter I started to hyperventilate so they put me on oxygen and I ended up getting an epi (which I didnt want) because I couldnt breath and get back in my peaceful place during contractions.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I am an extremely nervous..panicky person.. I focused on the prize (my baby being born healthy) and didn't allow myself to have any sorta breakdown til afterward.. which I did lol ...But I put my all into making sure I held it together for Emma.
    Might sound silly.. but I asked my dad who passed away 3 years ago to give me strength and help me.. I focused on my dad.. I got my epidural during a contraction and never even flinched..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011