Could it be because he don't want to be home, he wants me to be his friend or friend with benefits, or he wants to eventually be together again?

My X took me to dinner, we watched a movie, he stayed the night. Yes, we did it. It has been so long and I couldn't resist. I told him when we were, I guess this means that we are more than friends and he said, I have always considered you more than a friend. I know, people say that u shouldn't hook up with your X, he is only gonna use u. We are going Christmas shopping this wkd together. He tells me that he loves me and that he misses me but he doesn't know if he can be with me again. He was cuddling with me the whole night. He asked me if I was single or if we were together. I tried to turn the question around and said if you are with me then I am with u. He told me that I can't turn it around and to answer the question. I told him, i'm with u. End of subject. He never answered it. He hates being at his house, he is fighting with his family and he relies on me to lift him up when he is down. My child stayed with family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree with butterscotch. If you really want a stable relationship, make sure he is a MAN before you come back to him. If you keep sleeping with him, he'll think its okay not to decide what he truly wants. What happens if this goes on and one day he hooks up with another girl? His excuse would be that you two were not actually "together." Hopefully you don't put yourself out there just to have him hurt you. Talk to him and let him know that you want an answer. Either you're together or you're not. Tell him that you need to know what he wants and if he doesn't know then maybe he's not ready to get back into the relationship. Good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• sounds 2 me he doesn't know what he wants
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Honey, that is called a booty call. Don't give it away for free. Buy a vibrator and make him work for it or else it will always be friends with benefits and you are better than that! Girl power comes in double AA batteries. Control the impulse to open your legs and you control him.

Anonymous

• I agree with anon 728. Men do this all the time- "I am confused" but, they still want sex. UGH!
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• That sucks that I gave...I just missed it, I mean him...haha.
    Anonymous

• my 2 yr olds dad and me did this for 6 yrs on and off..finally this last time we broke up I said forget it, I cant be friends only co-parents. He got mad about that and we werent having sex much, just hanging out and being "best friends" w/o dating anyone else, but he wouldnt say we were together...grr I just got so frustrated and hurt emotionally I had to stop it all. Now he doesnt even want to see our son and just screams at me to stop child support and thats when hell see L again...but to bad b/c after chad and I get married hes going to adopt L and Im sure the biodad will agree...if not we can prove he has never wanted to be around L and only started paying in august cause the court takes it from his check...so yeah, to answer your question if it was me Id just give up on him.
    AngelicDevil80

Answer by AngelicDevil80 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Sounds to me like  your  X with benefits He's using you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Anon, it is easier for a chick to find a d@ck that a man a cl@m. Women have the power if they would only not give it up so easy. You need to make a man beg for it and respect you. If not, he will play head games with you like he is doing now. Or better yet, find a new man and move on. Best of luck.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You are all right...he will only give me what he wants in return but will not make a commitment. I keep hanging on, hoping that he will grow up and realize what he wants but he never will not if I don't put my foot down and ignore him until he makes a choice.
    Anonymous

• Uh.. Chances are if you have to ask this type of question, than yes, it is friends with benefits. If it were a real relationship, you wouldn't be asking this type of question.
    Anonymous