Paraguard adult content

Is it wrong to get it removed without talking to my hubby first? I mean it's my body right? This Paraguard caused horrible cramps and I have a period every other month but after skipping one period, I bleed bog time.. I fill up 5 SUPER PLUS tampons in 30 minutes..... I just want it out... I want off bc period! I want to have normal cycles again. I used to be able to plan things around my period... Any way, is it wrong to just "if its gonna happen" let it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had paraguard for 8 years and I LOVED it! It was terrible for about the first 6 months.... same as you, extremely (understatement) heavy periods. IMO, you should talk to your husband about it first. I'm not saying you have to ask for permission but he should at least know what is going on.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you take it out you will need birth control soon after. After i took mine out i got pregnant right away.(we wanted to get pregnant tho) I think your husband should know this so he can protect himself and plus, if you are married you should discuss everything, even this! If its messing up your body, why would he NOT be ok with it?? and i would be mad if i was him and later found out.
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It's your body. If it's causing you trouble I wouldn't hesitate a minute to have it removed ! But, you'll need some other type of birth control right away.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 3:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011