Do you think the planet is an intelligent living entity?

It has to be considering, she is our domain our 'heaven', older than the species on it, she balances all weather, and many more. She, has to be, an inviolable sphere majestically journeying with purpose.
She hands us all our needs? Think about...but...What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that the earth carries living energy. If it didn't, plants wouldn't grow. And it may even be sentient. Staying pregnant is harder now. There are more natural disasters going on--earthquakes, sunamis, severe weather. Almost as though she is trying to get rid of the infection called "humanity". We have poisoned her water, her body, and her air, after she has nurtured our lifeform for hundreds of thousands of years. And I honestly think she's pissed. Gaia is out to get rid of us!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I've thought about it... well, not quite like that. Lets me just say that if thats the way it is, we are like cancer to her. Wouldn't you say?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• All things have a spirit. Therefore to your question, yes.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes and No. I believe it has a spirit/soul. But I don't believe it has a conscious mind or beating heart... So depending on how you define life would depend on how to classify my belief.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I was actually pondering this question just last week after reading some scriptures that talked about the earth mourning after Christ's death. I tend to think it's more than just a personification thing...because I beleive all things down to the simplest atom have a sort of spiritual element to it.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm not so sure we all have to be like a cancer, if she is a "mother earth," then wouldn't that mean we're more of a child role? Don't our chidren suck nourishment from us? And even change our body's landscape?

...maybe some of us are naughty children.
    Anonymous

• Yes this planet is a living entity.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No. It doesn't meet the definition of a living thing, especially in terms of reproduction.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Not literally.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If it was, don't you think she would have figured out a way to eliminate us pesky humans long ago? No I don't believe the planet is a "living" being in the description being provided.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011