• In the Spotlight:

He ladies! I've been having a lot of trouble keeping food down lately. Have any of you tried meal replacement shakes (along with healthy food, of course) to supplement your diet and put weight on? I'm 17 weeks, and recently have been getting really carsick- which sucks because I commute to school and work! Thanks for the advice!

MaypoMouse

Asked by MaypoMouse at 7:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was constantly throwing up during my pregnancy and it seemed like i could never keep anything down.. i would drink this stuff called carnation instant breakfast chocolate shakes (it comes in different flavors) it was a miracle worker! i would drink that and eat peanut butter crackers.. the reason for the peanut butter is because it has protein in it which naturally calms your stomach down.. it worked really well for me!
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I drank a meal replacement shake when I wasn't hungry at breakfast (which is the meal I HAVE TO eat). It did help. If you aren't losing weight I am not sure if you need to be doing that. I am sorry about the carsickness. That was my biggest complaint during the first trimester. I would get car sick while driving. Can you try to crack a window and get more air? Try drinking Gatorade. The electrolytes help. Or else take b vitamins with breakfast before heading out. B Vitamins are good for helping with morning sickness.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008