Time outs don't work!! I can prove it.....

Repeat offenders who spend multiple times in jail (i.e. "time out"). Why do they go back again and again? Is not this proof enough that time outs are ineffective?

If we changed 5 years in jail to 30 lashes and publicly whipped them, wouldn't that stop them better?

LMAO...okay, what do you think?

cueballsmom

Asked by cueballsmom at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

• Am I the only one who took time out to mean prison time? Not being compared to actual toddlers?

Seriously.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There is a big difference between a 3 year old and a 30 year old.
    You are comparing apples to oranges.
    Anonymous

• apparently i've done a better job with my toddler than their parents did with them
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yeah, HUGE difference between a 3 year old and a 30 year old!!!!!!!!!

Time outs work fine for my kids.... I use them a lot less now, I only have to count to 1, maybe 2 before the inappropriate behavior stops. We very rarely get to the point of a time out now.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• 30 lashes for every 5 years isn't nearly enough. They can rot in jail for all I care. It's sad when letting someone spend life in prison is cheaper on the state and taxpayers than having a humane death penalty carried out. Bullets are cheap, and there should be a limit on the number of appeals. If a jury of your peers finds you guilty, and you're sentenced to death, 1 appeal and then it's the firing squad for you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If my toddler murders someone, I will keep in mind that a time out won't be adequate enough punishment for them to learn their lesson.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• eye rolling

popcorn

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• What do I think?? I think you are comparing a toddler to an adult and there is a big difference between the behavior and thought processes of a toddler and the behavior and thought processes of an adult.

And no, I do not think that beating a prisoner is going to stop them from repeating the action.
    Anonymous

• Do you even have children?
    Anonymous

• IDK. finger slipped.

Yeah, because you really think most of us are dumb enough to fall for that? I wonder how many of those criminals in "time outs" were spanked as kids... I'm going to venture a guess that most of them are there not because their parents put them in time outs, but because their parents didn't discipline, or their idea of discipline was more along the lines of abuse, or those criminals got stuck in a bad spot and got desperate, or the list goes on and on.

There is a whole lot more to raising a child into an adult, more then just time out and spanking.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2011