What should my sons eating Schedule be at 1 years old?

My son is turning 1 and he wakes up around 930-10am and im wondering what his eating schedule should be like? do i offer him milk and then food? or food then milk? or milk with the food?? i have no idea what to do..

kristenvazzana

Asked by kristenvazzana at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He should be enjoying his meals with the family. Offer a little (4oz?) milk in a cup (no sippy, no straw) with his food, just like you do yours. Be prepared to clean spills until he gets the hang of it, but he will watch you (use both hands during this time) and figure it out.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You can offer more milk after food is cleared from the table and he's eaten enough.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I basically let my daughter make her own eating schedule for the most part. I mean when she woke up in the morning she wasnt hungry til bout an hour later. We've never had a set dinner time so I just based it off of her. There were days when she was super hungry and other days when she would just take bites here and there. She didnt really like milk at that age so I offered her water or juice with breakfast but not to much because then she wouldnt eat. And it was the same with every meal. We always ate together except for snacks because I'm not much of a snacker.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I always offered my kids milk with breakfast and supper (max 16 oz), water the rest of the day. They ate meals with us at the same time, whatever we were eating and had 2 snacks, one mid morning and one mid afternoon.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2011