Is God Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Baha'i or Atheist?

Many claim that God is one and the same in all religions. Do you actually believe this? or are you just accepting/saying this due to not wanting to question God?

If God is one and the same for all, then is God one of her religions. so which is it?

If God is none of her religions then why are you who you are?

And if God is none of her religions and as we are taught (that God does not 'follow/believe' in a God because no higher entity exists) then technically its OBVIOUS that God is an Atheist. Not so???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Which god - the Abrahamic one? The 40 Germanic gods and goddesses? The answer to the first is yes and the second is no, but just because 3 or 4 traditions use the same deity by different names after an initial faith referenced it, doesn't mean that automatically supersedes all the other religions that existed for thousands of years before it did.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Gods don't belong to any religion. Religion is man made, not divine!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't think that god narrows himself into a religion. He created everything. He just "is".
    Anonymous

• Do you know you exist? You see evidence of this daily?

Yeah. So does God.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I believe all of the religious are different ways of relating to and understanding the same God. I am a Christian Universalist, because that is what works for me, given my foundation in Christianity and the person/message of Jesus. But I also pull from other teachers and faiths, as much of the various other religions is compatible with my own.

I don't believe God is any religion, I believe He just is, and we find our own ways of understanding and relating to Him however we can - hence the various faiths.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• God doesn't have a religion because religion is a man-made system set up to control the masses.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I do believe all religions are referring to the same 'God'--but everyones uses different names in different cultures and individuals to relate to what they believe is 'divine'. I also think all the doctrines, specific rituals, and differences between religions are usually cultural and are often even politically related. I personally believe nothing exists except 'God'--though I choose to call it the Universe or sometimes refer to it as Omniverse. I believe we are all interconnected and part of God or the Universe. I believe the Universe is self-creating, and that nothing exists outside it or before it in space or time. I believe that feeling of 'God' that people have is something like an energy or force of Nature (or something like the Tao that flows through everything), but I believe any personal deities are just attempts at understanding the divine (Nature and the Laws of the Universe in my POV) by different people.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I believe God is separate from religion.
    Religions are from man (explains why so many are no in complete align with each other) inspired by god.
    Anonymous

• None..
    However He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and End, the Word, Prince of Peace, Counselor, El Shaddai, Jehovah Jirah, Jehovah Nissa, and so on.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• atheism isn't a religion, and you don't seem to grasp its meaning.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011