Toddlers in beauty contests

I have watched toddlers and tarias and to be honest I don't thinly I could put my daughter through that. To me its just put stress on the little girls. As they grow up they will have to be perfect and look perfect. And honestly how many creepers are out in the world today that you never know are sitting in the stands at these things waiting for the girls to get done on stage. Then I think they go to far with fake tans and eye lashes. How you other moms feel about this type of thing?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I know that what that show reveals is the most extreme and not at all a real look at all pageants.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• having been in the hair industry (working with pageants, contestants, large and small venues) longer than a lot of CMers have been alive, i can tell you that not all beauty pageants are alike (despite the ages), and most of them are not represented well at all by T&T. i can also attest to the many wonderful people involved, and the girls who grow up to be absolutely fine adults, with various careers, and they possess great strength of character, perseverance, and self-confidence..maybe do to other events/upbringing, but a lot of it due to things they learned during their pageant-lives. i think with the correct attitude, anyone can gain a lot of positives from being involved in pageants. of course, some go overboard (parents, that is)..but they would do that with any activity or contest..even if its the xmas-list.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would never do it. I was looking at a magazine this week and there was a picture of one of the girls as an ad for the show. My 3 year old was next to me and asked why the little girl looked so angry. Neither the show or pageants are for us.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 8:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have 5 daughters and none of them have ever been in a beauty pagent, I just don't care for them,and they think it is goofy for girls to get all dressed up and makup just to be judged on their looks, I am proud of my girls for knowing as long as they feel beautiful about themselves no one elses opinion matters.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think it just depends on what type of pageant you go to. I have put both of my BOYS in a pageant and it was one that they just ware normal clothes no pageant wear allowed and no swim suits.. The ones my boys were in everyone get something and they get little toys its just a fun way to spend your time and for proud mommys to show off their pretty babies.. Because every mom out their thinks their babies are beautiful.. And I have trophies to show my boys when they get older. I think it only effects how kids act if you let it just like everything in life
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'd never put my DD in a pageant, but I'm fascinated by the show.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011