German Shepherds Are Evil

I like dogs,just not German Shepherds. I have no problems with any other breeds. I was attacked by a German Shepherd. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish them harm or want the breed done away with. I am afraid of them

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 2:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pets

• I understand being scared especially if you've been bitten by a dog of a certain breed and i'm sure you know what everyone is telling you (the whole one bad apple and the dogs not to blame the owner is) but it doesn't take away the fear.....my best friend was kicked by a horse and from that day on is terrified of them it doesn't matter if you tell her that not all horses kick just like telling you not all german shepherds bite it's not going to take away your fear in my opinion as long as you don't attack a certain dog because of the breed but are just afraid of it then you just live your life sorry you are afraid of these dogs
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 10:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• They are not evil. No breed is. It's the people that own the dog that is evil.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• This sounds more like a journal post rather than a question in answers.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• That doesn' mean they're evil. As SpiritedWitch said, it's the owners.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• One bad apple doesn't mean the whole breed is awful.
    Any dog is capable of biting.

It all comes down to the circumstances (how they were raised, what situation they were in when they bite).

My husband's childhood dog was a GS and it was the sweetest dog in the whole wide world. I loved her.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The well bred German Shepherd temperament is known to be friendly, loyal; steadfast as well as obedient that makes this breed an ideal pet as well as a good working force team member. The original aim of breeding the German Shepherd was for the purpose of making it an obedient animal that could be taught to guard as well as perform specialized tasks. The characteristic of the German Shepherd’s temperament are its sense of loyalty as well as obedience and a poorly bred German Shepherd may be hard to find. Nevertheless, the German Shepherd temperament makes it a good companion and since the temperament is inherited, it is a direct consequence of the dog’s breeding.

http://www.officialgermanshepherdguide.com/gsd/german-shepherd-temperament

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• All dogs bite. Some bite a lot thanks to terrible owners. Some bite if they are provoked/teased too much. Some bite in defense of their owner. It doesn't matter if they are teacup versions or one of the giant breeds, or anything in between, all dogs trace back to wolves ~ and they still have the teeth and instincts, regardless of their shape and size.

Me, I fear little dogs. Out of all the dogs I've owned and worked with over the years, and being bitten on occasion by just about every breed (it happens in vet offices), it was a tiny terrier mix that ate half my lip and ended up with me doing nine rounds of plastic surgery. Lol, I'd rather drag a GS, a Rottie, or any large dog out of a kennel than any 'small' breed, and I was always teased about it.

Don't blame every dog for what one did. As others said, it isn't the breed. It never is :-(
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If German Shepherds are evil...I'm in a lot of danger because I have one curled up in my lap...she thinks she weighs 5 lbs...she doesn't. But yeah in my lap belly up. feet in the air giving me her best "rub my belly" face.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• it's the owner and how they were raised not the whole breed
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I grew up with a GS and she was the nicest dog ever. We saved her from the dog pound. She was about to be put to sleep. She ended up being very attached to the kids but was my dads running buddy. They ran 14 miles EVERY day together until she was about 14 years old. She was the best.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011