How do u take notes when studying by yourself?

Hi im currently working on getting my ged. I am really confusing the hell out of myself its like i dont know where to start or how and when i try to take notes i end up starting with one subject and ending with a completly diifrent on. First i start on how to study + take notes on run-on sentences then i mess up on taking them by trying to figure out another definition like adverb or something along those lines. It all bulls down to i have no clue how to take notes let alone organize the damn things. Can someone plz help me out by giving some tips on how to study / take notes by yourself. I feel as if i am bouncing back and forth between what does this mean or how do i do that? Do u think this could be a part of my add? Yes im being treated for it. So how do i take notes, put them in order, and make them make sence while doing so?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• index cards...one topic/definition per card
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think it would help if you purchase a small tape recorder and record the lesson as the teacher is teaching it . Then when you get home you can take your time and listen to it and jot down your notes, one subject at a time. If you have to read and take notes by yourself, you could still record yourself reading the chapter and then makeing notes afterwards. I know it sounds time consuming but it'll be worth it.
    If all else fails, it never hurts to research note taking books and websites to get tips and pointers.
    I hope this helps:-)

My Blog: www.FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011