R.I.P. (not a question)

My Kitty, Kitty (original name I know) died in my arms last night. He was with me for 14 years. At his biggest he wieghted 30 lbs and wanted to sleep on my chest.

I am profoundly sad. I am trying to be there for our children, hubby and other kitties. The other kitties are looking for him and the baby of the group is meowing all over the house. They will all need some extra attention.

The vet made a paw impression in clay for me and we will pick up his ashes next week.

If you are very lucky, you get spend time with a special pet like Kitty. I will miss him.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 2:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Awww. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• So sorry for your loss
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• awh , Im sorry , I have a cat named oreo , hes like 14 too , i think he weighs like 18 pounds , i have a feeling his gonna go soon , i dread that day , weve had him since he was five , and my kids are close to him , we are thinking about having his ashes to ,
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Hi ochsamom -

I am so sorry to hear that. This will be difficult to explain to your kids but they will understand soon enough. As far as the younger kittens they too will adapt quickly and soon they will stop crying for him. You're doing a great job with everyone. Kitty is in a very happy place running, chasing birds, mice, and anything drifting in the wind. Although everyone will miss him remember that he is VERY happy right now. You will see him again!  That's the best part!   :)

HUGS to you!

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 3:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• So sorry. I also had an amazing cat that died at 14. It was so hard. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Aww So sorry for the loss of KittyKitty I had a special cat named Beans that I lost in 2007 he was a incredible cat and I still miss my "fur baby"
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• ((HUGS))- I am so sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking to lose a pet. They really are family. :(
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It is so hard to loose a furbaby. This is a site a friend sent me years when I lost my beloved Acie to diabetes.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm 

Hugs on the loss of your furry one. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss! I had a cat name Kitty too! I miss her too. It is heartbreaking when we do lose our furbaby! Hugs Hugs!
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 9:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank you all so much. You are very kind.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011