MIL and FIL?

how close are you to your in laws? do you enjoy doing things with them or just get together for the sake of your husband and children?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• My MIL is the person I go to to talk me down when I'm mad. I also ask her for her advice and opinions when my kids are doing things that just baffle me. I'd be a right mess without her around. In my head I call her Mom. My FIL I'm not as close to now as in past years, due to some major family drama.

I get along fantastically with my in-laws. My husband hates his MIL and is not very fond of his FIL, which is fine. I'm the same way.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My inlaws are great. I truly enjoy both of them. They crack me up all the time, they are the sweetest, most forgiving, loving people I know. I spend time with them because I love them. I got lucky!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I dont have a FIL because he passed away years ago but I get along great with my mother in law, we have pretty similar personalities and views on alot of things and most of the time I'd consider her more of a friend than the typical mother in law stereotype. I think it all depends on the personalities of the two. Some people just have personalities that clash.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• we live about an hour from my in-laws and the kids are close to them and so am I
    2timezthefun

Answer by 2timezthefun at 3:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I love my in laws, they're like a second set of parents. I've known them since I was 14 years old and as it turns out my dad and FIL knew each other when they were kids - they both grew up in Dublin, Ireland in the same neighborhood though my FIL is quite a bit older than my dad and my parents moved here about 15 years before my MIL and FIL did and even when they moved to the US they moved to a city in another state about 100 miles away - it was just good luck that my DH's aunt opened her diner in my home town which is where I met DH.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My MIL and FIL are the shiznit! OMG I love them so much!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My ex mil I called her Jan to her face and bitch behind her back. My ex fil I called Al.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• UGH.
    We get together because we have to. FIL is really nice and probably the most tolerable out of all of our parents bu still going to his house is awful because it's nasty. You can tell 3 men live there without a woman. MIL is a crazy drunk. My mom is a controlling PITA and my dad is a drunk and a pervert.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I do not like my mil or my step mil...my fil I have no issues with he has always treated me well but his wife and his ex are horrible to me..I cut them out of (my life) when dh and I were dating and tried to make it work after we were married but it was a lost cause..my dh knows he can visit on his own or whatever but I will not go or be around them but he has seen too many times how I have been treated so he avoids them also
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2011