I can't deal with this crap anymore.

I'm almost 37. I got married a couple of weeks ago to a really nice guy. Nobody cared about my wedding. My mom believed some lies my sister told her and called me a bitch. My other sister is a druggie. My dad very unwillingly came to my wedding, was rude, and didn't even give me a card. My therapist told me that they are ill people and must be treated as such. I am very depressed. I am in therapy and on meds. I have to keep trying meds because they aren't working. I'm just so tired and frankly, I wish I was dead. I told my husband this, and I have NEVER told him that before and he thinks getting me my favorite icecream will make it all better. I hate myself and I think I'm ugly though my husband tells me I'm beautiful every day. I work full time and manage to drag my ass to work every day, I don't know how. My husband plays a lot of sports, something he did warn me about before we hooked up but he was gone all day yesterday and I had no money to do anything, nowhere to go. I don't have many friends. I want to cut all the time and imagine it in my head. I have an eating disorder. I'm just so tired. My family makes fun of me, saying I am the mental one. I just hurt so bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• :( why dont you see if you can try an go with your husband to play some sports? get outta the house an maybe try an make a friend. im sorry you feel this way. im sure your not ugly an your family just see's you down that they want to keep you that way. what pp said shut out the family they are the problem. if your husband loves you an thinks your beautiful thats all that matters. just you an him not what others say..

go talk to your therapist itll get better.. just try an stay positive. if you ever need someone to talk to you can always message me :) *hugs*
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 4:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I am sorry. I know a lot of women might totally hate me for saying this- but, in my heart I honestly believe if you Give it To God and pray for some kind of relief from all this emotional burden then that might help.

MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Oh hunny, try to find something postivie to focus on. I have no advice, just hugs and happy thoughts for you. PLEASE, feel free to message me on here. I am a good listener.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My heart hurts for you. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you that you that you can get through anything with Jesus. He is our healer, protector and provider. Give him a chance and he will give you a chance. Ask him for help. He has helped me and my husband so much. My husband was addicted to some stuff and God completely broke him of the addiction. All you have to do is believe.
    momluja

Answer by momluja at 3:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Honey, it's time to shut your family out of your life; they're toxic.

My mom's a bitch that only called us to borrow our car (hers is on it's last legs and she's cheap). My dad's an alcoholic @$$hole that criticized everything I did. My sister is a self-centered party girl. I was getting VERY depressed and lonely with all that garbage in my life. I haven't talked to my dad since Thanksgiving. I haven't talked to my mom and sister since Christmas. I'm still lonely, but not nearly as depressed.

See if your husband would be willing to take you with him for some sports, and teach you how to play.

Another thing too: when you hear their nasty words (the ones that say you're worthless and no good) in your head stop them immediately and visualized punting them off the tallest cliff you can imagine. It's helped me to get at least a little more self-confidence.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you need to see a therapist... it actually means you are healthy bc someone who is "mental" wouldnt be trying so hard to address their own issues. And want to know a secret? No one thinks you are ugly bc everyone else is secretly worrying about how they don't measure up. I used to think the way you do and that is how I broke that cycle, by realizing that fact.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I also posted something the other day about getting botox because I feel ugly and some gals on here totally ragged on me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• dont listen to the trolls they are just being rediculous i def think it has a lot to do with your fam. THEY need the counciling maybe just try to think about all the posatives you just married a great man!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You need to call 1-800-273-talk
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If the meds aren't working, you have the wrong diagnosis. Try getting in to see a new psychiatrist. I was on many different antidepressants, but they caused more problems then they solved, they didn't work. That's because I don't have depression. I was diagnosed with bipolar. My med was switched, and I feel much, much better.
    From what you have said, it sounds as though there is more then one Dx for you. IDK what meds you are on. It also sounds like your hubby just has no idea how to handle this. He's trying, but just doesn't know what to do. I would suggest finding a good therapist, along with a new psychiatrist. And having your hubby go with you. He needs to know how to help you.
    I also agree that your family is toxic. Family is not always helpful, or good for you. If they make things worse, cut ties.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011