Wat r the chances of having a premature baby at 33 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not every pregnancy is the same. Both of mine were at 35 weeks. If the doctors and ultrasound sheff tests look okay then they may adfle it. Our they won't. Now if your water has broke theres no turning back. Keep in mind, every day in womb is like two days outside.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Im just getting so impatient this pregnancy is draining alot out of me and the hemroids are horrible and i wanna meet the new baby and i just wish it could be now, and now i guess wouldnt b good because im only 33 weeks, and my husband is acroos the untided states rite now and my mom soverseas but thats ok i dont want them with me this time i dont know why i just dont but i cant tell them that so only because of that now would b perfect but i want a healthy baby and i have been reading how most babys will be healthy and have high chances of healthy survival. im just getting desperate.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You better not do anything to harm that baby because you are uncomfortable! Do not be the selfish and immature mother you are seeming to be! Please for your baby's sake don't do anything crazy!
    And news flash... pregnancy is uncomfortable! Please don't do anything drastic and call someone to get you through this.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You're nearly 2 months from being due. Chill.

There are a lot of babies born at 33 weeks with health issues. "Probably" isn't a good enough guarantee. I'm sure the mothers of these preemies would give anything to have had their child fullterm - myself included.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• your right i dont want to be taken the worng way iv had ALOT to go through especially wwith is pregnancy not because of the pregnancy and i love my baby and my daughter i have now. my dad died last month after an 11 month battle with cancer and everyone including him thought i was gonna go crazy and i was surprisingly fine but now i feel like i am starting to go crazy expecially after hearing all ur answers ugh i feel like i cant breath i just wanna scream.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Just remember you are not the only one in this situation. I am 35 weeks pregnant and I am so uncomfortable and I'm getting impatient and want to be done with it but much more than my pains and discomfort I want my baby to be healthy and ready to be here. So no matter how impatient I am I'm going to let nature take its course and when he is ready to come into this world I'll be waiting with open arms and it'll happen when it is suppose to. Just take it one day at a time and I know it seems to be taking forever but your new baby will here soon enough.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My 2nd son wwas born at 33 weeks. He stayed in NIcU for 2 weeks, was kept in an incubator and couldnt eat on his own. Had tubes through him and poked by needles constantly. I stayed day in and day out after i was released. Please think about how healthy it is to let baby "cook" a little longer.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would wait..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son was born at 34 weeks, and was in the NICU for over a week. The lady that had her baby the same day was 36 weeks and her baby died after being in the NICU. His lungs still weren't fully developed and he couldn't learn to breath on his own. I was in the hospital on bed rest for almost a month and a half before my son was born, and everyday I was like 'Please, let me have him!' When they did my c-section I was scared to death. No one got to see him for almost a day after he was born because they ere getting him settled in the NICU. I know you're tired and stressed, I understand but YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABY YET. You NEVER know what can happen. Carry it as long as you can. Even though you read that some babies that early are great, there are plenty out there who aren't and they don't make it. Don't play with fate and think it won't effect you badly. :/
    brttnywrdrp

Answer by brttnywrdrp at 5:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• 33 weeks is way early. I would never wish that upon my baby even if I was miserable. I am at 38 weeks and I am imagining I will probably go to 40 but we will see.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011