Why does matter if you marry outside of your race ?

2timezthefun

Asked by 2timezthefun at 3:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• people are people,I think the race card is played when it is obvious(Latino,Asian,.....) but to lok at a white person all that is seen is "white,they dont see,Polish,Irish,German,.....When two races marry(this includes a German marrying an Irish for example) educate the kids about both cultures,traditions,historic people/events ... Skin color is just that ,a color it does not define the whole person or culture that person is from
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• That's just plain silly to me! Who cares?!!? LOL As long as you agree on the important things ie. politics, discipline, religion and even then if you can't but can be civil about your difference in opinions... I'm getting off topic. People need to mind their own dang business!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My mother married outside her race and I have too. So of course to me there is nothing wrong with it even though we (my family) has put up with a lot of crap from white people and black people. hopeandglory the claim that mixed race children have more health problems is BULLPUCKY. We're not dogs. I think you have been given false information and hope that one day you can stand up for yourself and show your father he is wrong. It's that kind of close minded thinking is just sad and intolerable.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 3:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It doesn't matter at all :)
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• it matters because you love him <3 I married outside my race and so did my husband.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 3:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• People are idiots.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Do you mean outside of the human race? There are some consent issues there. As long as you marry another adult human, I don't see any reason to have a problem with that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have too but people seem to see it as an issue especially because we had kids
    2timezthefun

Comment by 2timezthefun (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It does not matter who you marry or who you love!!!! And, I do not associate with people that think otherwise.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• hopeandglory that is not true my brothers and I are mixed race we have a family eye problem but that is it. my children are white so being outside of your race is no big deal
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011