For those who do not talk to any of their family because they are crazy

How do you do it? I haven't talked to my mom since April, dad its only been a couple of weeks, and my sisters a couple of months. They talk crap behind my back but I ignore it. How do you not talk to them and be ok especially on holidays like today? I have no inlaws either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Mom and me dont get along but she calls I say hi, hows it going, yes kids are fine, yes I still think youre a bitch and thats about it. Never met my real dad bc of my mom, My step dad and me talk in Christmas and Fathers day, to say have a great day blah yes kids are good, yes your wife is still a bitch see ya. I moved 8 hours away so it helped.

Answer by gemgem at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I just do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't come around my dad side very often bc alot of them are neg. And i remember how my grandmother would discipline. She has no cut cards and will call your child an idiot in a heartbeat and she don't spank she beats. I don't want that.for my kids so I stay far far away lol
    my sister..I love her to life but she has issues and she blames everyone but her.for them and she curse out her kids. I love them but I will have to tear something up the first time I hear my kids are mistreated!! I love my family from a distance. I am more around my mom side of the family than my dads
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 4:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Its hard, I don't miss them but it makes me sad to feel like I have no family. I mean I have MY lil family but not the family I grew up with. And I haven't talked to them in 2 years. My mom is a drug addict and alcoholic and I choose not to be around her even though maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years she has told me never to contact her again and that I am no longer part of the family. I let her think she made the choice for me not to contact her but in reality I want nothing to do with her. My sister is crazy just like her. Doing drugs during her pregnancies now both my neice and nephew have health problems. My brother lives in Indiana he moved to get away from them, I only sometimes talk to him. Its hard though because of the distance and so yeah thats about it. I rely on me now :)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had a sister steal my identity many times. She has been in and out of jail for the past 11 years, about 9 of which she was in. Family get to together are hard when she is there. She is not my sister and I have not talked to her in just over 9 years. It doesn't get better with time, I can tell you that much. Good luck.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 4:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Both parents are deceased, and I do wish I could talk to them... As for the rest of the nut jobs, all they want to do is say ignorant things, and act stupid, and I just don't have the patience for it. So that's how I deal with it, I remind myself why I don't.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I find ppl like you guys who can understand and support. I think myownhappiness said it well. I don't miss them (you can't miss what you never had" but I am sad that I cannot have a healthy loving relationship with them. I create my own family, and not just the kids I have, but what I call the family of the heart. You cannot choose who to be born to, but you can choose who you interact with.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't talk to many of mine and have so few to start off with. It is very lonely. I haven't talked to my brother in about a year and found it was less painful to write him off than keep talking to him. I hate hate hate to fight and that's all he does, about everything. My aunt I talk to a few times a year (she's more of a holiday relative), her husband (my uncle) not at all since he never tried to bond with the family, I talk to my cousin once a month or so because we are so different and never really developed into friends, etc. I live 3000 miles away from all of them, so distance makes it easier to avoid confrontation but it's lonely. Thank goodness for my husband and two kids because otherwise I'd have no one. I talk to my mom, but we easily aggravate each other during conversations and have to tread lightly alot of the time. I texted my brother happy father's day, so no conversation needed. Good luck!
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I haven't talked to my father in 9mths and I don't plan on it, he's an ass, I met him when I was 16 and been trying to get to know him but nothing works. Or he trys to fuck me in my sleep, so good bye sicko. If he died today would I cry, I guess not. I'm not being mean, but it is what it is!
    MsVanqueOsg

Answer by MsVanqueOsg at 4:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• ya know you just have to move on. I know at one point in my life i didn't talk to my mom for almost a year and it didn't bother me but we finally made up but sometimes you need to put space between yourself and family especially if they are talking trash about you. I know my mom talks trash about me and my son sometimes when my nosy cusin comes into town or if they talk on the phone so i just distance myself away from her and visit sometimes and it works for me.
    If i fight with my siblings i leave them alone unless i run into them then i will speak but i do my thing and they do theirs.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011