Really weird... and TMI adult content

When I went to 1st prenatal appointment the doctor said I had some sort or dead growth on my cervix. She was able to just remove it with no bleeding. Yesterday I had my 2nd prenatal appointment and kind of got an answer from the lab as to what it was. They said it is either extra uterine growth from this pregnancy that made its way out. Or most likely I was carrying twins and that one was not viable and my body expelled it. Has anyone even heard of this? This is my second pregnancy and I have never heard anything like this. But now I want to get all of the tests possible done. Really worried. The doctor seems to think every thing is just fine, and I know I should trust her. I'm just worried. I am currently 13 weeks along. Thanks for reading :)

Afrontz

Asked by Afrontz at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ive heard of it and I would probably be worried to maybe its nothing..GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• dont know much about as well but I understand you concerned. Why dont you get a second opinion. See what a different doctor has to say about it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I've heard of people carrying twins and one not being viable but I've never heard of a growth forming as a result of it. My friend had heavy bleeding and large clots, she went to the hospital ran some tests and decided the most likely cause was that she was carrying twins and miscarried one. Her son was born healthy.

If you still need some reassurance ask for a consult from another doctor. Good Luck and Congrats on the pregnancy.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My doctor really did her best to try and explain it to me, and reassure me that everything was ok. Still kind of upsetting, and not quite sure what happened. Just hoping anyone else has heard of this. Thanks for the input :)
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• When you lose a twin, often your body will reabsorb it. That was probably the growth.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011