I need to buy scrubs and a "nurse quality" stethoscope

I'm getting ready to take my CNA clinicals and need to buy a couple of sets of scrubs and a nurse quality stethoscope. I won't have any contact with the instructor until August to ask questions but I'm trying to pick up things for this class and some of my others between here and there. So, scrubs? I was just going to pick up a couple of sets at Walmart but looking online it looks like I can do better price wise at Scrubs and Beyond and have more of a choice as far as style is concerned. I'm hoping to score some at Goodwill or something but they have to be navy in color and so far no luck. Are there any brands out there I should avoid due to lack of quality? Stethoscopes? What does nurse quality mean? Looking online it looks like they go from $10 to super expensive. I obviously don't need a fancy spendy one but don't want to waste my money on a $10 one either. Any advice on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• well I would guess probably not the cheapest stethoscope out there but also not the most expensive one. I would say a good one that works well.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• when i took my cna classes we had to have certain scrubs.. but i like walmarts scrubs and even dollar general has them
    silverdawn99

Answer by silverdawn99 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Does your school bookstore carry stethoscopes? They would be the sufficient quality level for clinicals.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011