Should I just give up ?

I have been trying to sleeptrain my baby for almost 2 months, trying to do the same routine every day (wich is very hard for me with our lifestyle). sometimes he cries for only 2 minutes when I leave the room and fall asleep, but on most night he cries so long that I end up laying next to him in his crib, nursing him to sleep, and climbing out without waking him... and I have to do the same every 2 or 3 hours during the night. Its a nightmare, and I let him sleep with me for 2 nights in a row because Im so tired.
We are going nowhere...

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 4:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's what it sounded like was that you'd been doing it for 2 months not that you were trying to sleep train a newborn. Good luck we just got DS on a good routine and he's almost 11 months.
    Like I said mess with the variables you'll find something. A lot kids that I know who are that old kind of kick and turn in their sleep so I don't blame you for not wanting to co-sleep.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 8:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• could you put a porta crib in your room so that when you have to get up with your child, he is right there and you can put him back down. I always just let mine fall asleep when he wanted and moved him to his be.
    lah0027

Answer by lah0027 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You could just co-sleep.
    Would be more comfortable.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Just co-sleep with him. He is obviously too little to expect him to sleep through the night yet.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• We've been trying to do a routine with ours too,it's tough some kids just fight going to sleep till everything is just right.
    If you want to co-sleep then do it but if you don't want to then you do have to stick to it but try to change a few things like our son won't sleep without a fan going, a pacifier and his lovey to cuddle with.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• How old is he?

You can co sleep in the same bed or you can co sleep with him in a pack n play or portable crib next to your bed.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Wells i see the bad habit you got your self in you held him and had him lay with you to much when he was born, got him so use to it. put something on like a night light in his room or even some soothing music. and a security blanket that's soft to or maybe if he takes a pacifier let him suck on that. helps even too
    JessicaReinking

Answer by JessicaReinking at 4:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Put a porta crib next to your bed. When he cries feed him and when he's asleep again put him back into the porta crib.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 5:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• it's a personal choice, I didn't have my son do any co-sleeping, and I rocked my son and got him into a routine, however at 2 months is really early for child to self soothe you just want to take each night at a time, and don't give up Mommy, keep going with the routine it will pay off in time.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• umm well its a 2 month old so that could be the issue, i bed share with my kids, but i know those who cio or sleep trained dont start till bout 6 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011