What kind of formula would my baby drink if i was lactose and tollerant?

And the father of my child was Enfamil with no iron?

JessicaReinking

Asked by JessicaReinking at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because you are doesn't mean your baby will be. Try breast feeding. If that is not what you want to do or it doesn't work, they have soy based formula now. But I would not start there.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 4:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• just because you're lactose intolerant doesn't mean your child is. my husband is lactose intolerant, i'm not, neither is our daughter. you'll be able to tell if your child is LI. there are tons of different formula's. i use good start.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you mean lactose intolerant then if your going with Enfamil then you'd use the gentlease. They don't really use low iron or no iron formula anymore unless you have a kidney issue.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Usually you try the regular first then the gentle version if they have a problem then soy if they still have an issue.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Or will my doctor just choose the formula for me? And i thought about choosing good start protect plus.
    JessicaReinking

Comment by JessicaReinking (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Try to breastfeed.
    2LittleLoves

Answer by 2LittleLoves at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Unless you are on PA, you choose what you buy and give baby. Your Pedi will suggest some if your baby has an issue.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 5:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My daughter started out on regular similac but couldn't keep it down it took 4 days for the nurses in the NICU to finally listen to us and move her to similac sensitive and she has done great on it
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 8:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Nutramegin???
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Breastmilk is vegan and healthier & safer than formula, would you like to try this?

Or have you looked into some recipes for using goat's milk?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2011