Deceived today :(

I called my dad today, he wasn't home. Been two months I tried to call him and no response. Feel like he's rejecting me and my brothers. (I have 3 brothers) he has a life yeah but he COULD at least answer the phone once in a while. Then I called his cellphone it was closed, I was just calling to wish him a happy fathers day and see if he could come by today to celebrate fathers day with us. If he couldn't just say hi, ask him how he's doing. Seems like reaching out to my dad it a impossible mission. I haven't seen him in 6 months I kinda miss him. :'( guess again this time wont be able to speak to him.

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• My daughter and son are feeling the same way. They are being rejected by their father. I am so sorry you are dealing with the same thing. I see the pain in their eyes and know it hurts. =(
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Awww I'm so sorry about this. I don't know what to say. I think that I would not try to call him anymore. Maybe send him a card see what he does. If he doesn't respond to that then I would stop. Write how much you miss him in there. Hope it works out. Life is too short for people to be that way. Especially to their own children.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 5:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It's his day. Maybe he went fishing. Don't take it personally. You could have sent a card or made plans with him before the actual day. Don't play victim.
    Anonymous

• Dude I haven't heard from him in 2 months, my dad loves fishing but not that much. Now you wanna be rude Gtho
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I haven't seen my dad in 3 years. Last I saw him, me and my brothers went to see him in the hospital. He was in real bad shape at the time...he remembered my brothers being there, but wondered why I didn't go see him...even though I was there. He and I don't talk much...his choice mostly. Recently I've been trying because I'm pregnant...but its impossible...I feel your pain.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2011