Do you believe in

karma debt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes-for the most part.
    Anonymous

• I believe in karma. I'm not sure what you mean by "karma debt" though.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes! The old saying What goes around comes around is as true as true can be...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes, as in "what goes around come around" but I don't think I believe in the idea that we have to repay "old debts", like if you were a "murderer" or something in a past life that you will now be the victim or something like that in this life in order to "reap what you sow". Karma is more likely to occur in the same lifetime.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Reap what you sew, so many ways to put it ! But yeah, I believe it.
    kscwrcsmom

Answer by kscwrcsmom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'm not sure what you mean by karma debt, but I certainly believe in karma in the sense that our actions have consequences, both immediate and long term. You can see karma at work in your own life easily- be pleasant and see what response you get, be rude or nasty and see what repsonse you get.
    This is one of the life lessons I often talk to my kids about- that our actions have consequences, that we need to be mindful of our actions because the consequences both ourselves and those around us. Karma is very empowering, we cannot always choose our circumstances but we can changer our responses and thus change our circumstances!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I don't necessarily believe in karma as a cosmic force, but I do believe we reap what we sow and what comes around goes around. I guess I believe that people who treat others with kindness and respect, will receive it in return (most of the time). If you treat people fairly, most people will treat you fairly.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I think that ever action has a reaction or consequence. It is mathematically determined and inevitable.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 11:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes I do. I've seen what I believe to be examples of it already.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2008