DO YOU FEED YOUR BABY JARS ??

some people say they taste nasty, but I think they are good, I take the organics ones. I feed him jars every day, and sometimes things I prepare myself. but we receive so much from WIC, its just easier for me.

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 5:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean food from jars? No I always made our baby food at home. It was so much cheaper.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I never fed my son jars ... I thought the glass would be bad for his system. *grin*

Seriously, my son didn't like the food that came in the jars, well, except for the Cherry Vanilla (remember that one ... even adults bought jars of it to eat) and that one he really liked. I just mashed up regular food for him.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My boys ate baby food from the jars. They love it. My dd however refused to eat it. For her though it turned out to be a texture issue. She didn't like anything smooth, creamy, I guess you could say. She wouldn't eat yummy yogurt or applesauce either, or any food that I mashed to much. She liked chunky things from the beginning.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• WIC gave us so much of the jar food we just stopped filling the vouchers because DS likes to feed himself since he figured it out.
    The meats are nasty and the squash is really bland but the fruit is good especially if you mix it with the cereal.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Jars...people that usually dont like the jars are those who can afford to make their own food for their babies and us on WIC cant so jars are a miracle! Id love to feed him everything I made just cause I would know everything going in there yes but the jars are the same as making them at home only mass produced.
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 5:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I give my son half from jars and the other half I make for him at home.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son ate just from jars when we started on food - and sometimes the rice cereal shit, but it was so sticky and gross... I hated making it and cleaning up after it... so I mostly stuck to jars. Veggies, fruit, and meats when he got old enough... all from jars. It was so convenient. Just make sure if you do go that route, your kid gets everything - not just the things he or she seems to enjoy most.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yeah my son liks them really much,he doesnt like anything chewy, he likes his food smooth. they are so convenient its true, and i even eat some (apple blueberry miam !). plus they are organic, I dont see the problem in feeding him that. when I try mashed food in the grinder, he doesnt eat very much and have a hard tim on it.
    kokomaman

Comment by kokomaman (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No - she has always eaten whatever we were eating, mashed with the back of my fork if necessary.

Answer by missanc at 7:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sophie loves the baby food we get from the jars/containers...I did find that she likes gerber the best (which you can still get with WIC)...She even likes the gerber veggies....I get the 2pac ones and I like to get the mixes....such as garden veggie, and apple-prune...she LOVES them.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011