A question for any who own there own business?

Hi there i have my own business and i was hopeing any one can help me on were else i can post my ad that other people can see it. I have tryed facebook and of course here on cafe moms also twitter but i want to know where do you post to get people to see your ad?? Any where it will be free would be nice. Any information would be great ful just trying to get this business going and just looking for some tips thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• try posting ads in business's similar to yours... example.. my parents own a boat business, they repair, sell, or sell parts, etc for boats. They are located at a marina (so location was a great way to beef advertising). dad's the commodore to the yacht club so that's another way to help with free advertising within the club. There is a restaurant on site of the club where he's also able to advertise by having pamphlets available in the entrance near information about the yacht club (the restaurant isn't exclusive to members) and his business cards are on the bar along with a few others...
    if you are into selling wedding cakes, try advertising in a flower shop.. offer a trade service, their recommendation for yours to customers.
    Local events are great too.. like fairs.. you can set up a booth to sell your services or products and it's a great way to get your name out there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• sponsorship helps too.. because when you sponsor your name gets out there as well.. ad I believe it may be a tax deduction.. but you'd have to check..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Place an ad on Craigs List. It's free!   www.craigslist.org

Have a great day!

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 10:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Networking groups, like lead sharing clubs and local chambers of commerce

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Local shops around here will let you place fliers in certain apots. Do not forget to try that. Good luck with everything.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• thanks to all your help
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Well online and for free you can look for link/banner exchange groups or contact other local businesses and offer to exchange links or banners.

Locally you can buy car window decals for your car on ebay, go to vista print for lawn signs, postcards, rack cards, tote bags, t-shirts, etc etc free of discounted to plaster your business out there.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• thanks for all the ideas
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I like to fairs and things at school. yes it is a tax deduction as well. Business directories and school (fall) etc...get into a networking group or two as well!! Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011