Is it okay for your resume to be 2 pages long.

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• what?
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 5:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• sorry i meant to say " is it okay for a resume to be 2 pages long"
    survivormama10

Comment by survivormama10 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• sometimes.. if it's 2 pages of facts about experience (such as past jobs, courses, etc that make you more qualified for the position), then yes, if its just jobs you have that some may protean to the position and others might not, and flowery words, then no.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If your resume has to go to two pages because you have too much experience to fit on a page, then by all means make it two pages.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yes. I work in HR & get more resumes that are 2 pages long than I do resumes that are 1 page long. Now, anything after 2 pages is just way too long and we don't read it all.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I can't answer that without seeing your resume. It should be to the point, not have more than ten years of experience.

I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services); I will be happy to critique your resume

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Mine is.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would suggest keeping it one page. You may need to change your font or only put your last 2 jobs you worked at. Employers interview alot of people and you don't want them to avoid reading your resume because it's too lengthy.Just make sure you have all the info you couldnt fit on your resume handy so you'll be ready to answer any questions they may have. I hope this helps.

Check out my Blog: www.FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011