Dialted to a 2, contractions every 4-5 minutes, L&D sent me home?!?!?!

ok im almost 38 weeks (with a little girl) (my second by the way) went into L&D two days ago with really strong contractions and verylittle baby movement, i was contracting every 10 minutes then and only 1cm =( they gave me something to help me sleep and sent me home (the doctor said i am in labor just early labor) anyways, last night my contractions became even more painful and closer together, they ended up getting less then 5 minutes apart and lasting more then one minute each, so we headed in, once there the doctor again said i am in labor just early labor, they checked my cerlix this time i was only a 2, babys heartbeat started getting low so i had to lay there for a little bit til they picked up, then went walking around L&D for a hour, checked me, and again no change so they gave me some drugs and sent me home...im SO confused even my doctor was, she said she doesnt know when to tell me to come back in because of how often my contractions are!? Im getting so frusterated! If im in labor but not progressing then why arent they giving me potosin (i had the same problem with my first) any other momma's out there with any advise!? and not the "just relaxe the baby will come when she's ready" or "they were probly just BH" cause i will freak out on you!! Two different Doctors have confirmed that i am in labor and these are "REAL" contractions!

Sarahg83619

Asked by Sarahg83619 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• GO BACK OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Let them know that what your going through right now is to close for comfort and that you wanna be in the hospital for safety they have to take you in!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• From what I've heard, they like you to labor at home as long as possible. But as soon as your water breaks, go and they won't send you home.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go back, and tell them that you would feel better and more comfortable being in the hospital. If they try to send you home again, ask them to dumb it down for you and explain why it is better for you to be at home etc. You are the one in labor and paying for the hospital bill. So make them listen.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• if i were you i would be going to a diff hospital!! My dr put me off when i was preggo for a week when i was having diff issues..by the time i got to a diff hospital bc i felt in my heart something was wrong my dd was just before dying and so was i....if you are not feeling that baby move as much or that things are not quite right go to a diff hospital or go back to the same one and DO NOT leave until you are certain you are ok...Good luck and I hope you have your baby soon Congrats!
    Anonymous

• thats one of the things im worried about my water never broke, they had to do it at the hospital with my first
    Sarahg83619

Comment by Sarahg83619 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• you shouldnt be on here right now you should be at the hospital let them know about your first and go go go go go go go go go go!!!!! Good Luck!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think I'd be camped out, literally, in the L & D waiting room!! Good luck hun!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Get the L word out, they'll help you. They have to keep you in
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• i would go back to the hospital
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go back! Raise a fuss if you have to!
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011