I want to stock up a little but...

Obviously I'm going to wait a little while(like waiting till I'm pregnant but I have a lot of coupons that I don't want to expire) but I want to stock up on formula a little for baby number 2 but I'm scared because DS had to switch formulas 6 times and so we ended up giving a lot of formula to the food bank or just throwing it away because he couldn't eat it.

I'm kind of thinking that since my coupons are for similac sensitive that I may just start them on the sensitive.
So about how much do you think would be good to buy to have a good start but not too much that it will feel like a waste if they have the allergies too?

I will decide if breastfeeding is right for us this time when the time comes but I know that I will at least be combo feeding. So if all the comments could be helpful comments and have little or nothing to do with breastfeeding that would be nice.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 6:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn'tstock up too much. Grab a can or two with your coupons while you have them, but like you said it would bea waste if her new little one couldn't eat that certian brand. Are you signed up for similacs coupons? You will get them every few weeks. Also, I have read that it is better to use the regular formula if possible. If you have a can of sensitive use it, but try to stick with reg. ALso, have you ever tired store brands? I used similac for a long time, but switched to Target brand at 6 months or so. I was so glad I did. He spit up less, wasn't constipated, and it cost about half. It has to meet all the standards, so its justas good!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• We worked through WIC mostly so that meant Similac for us. We tried Walmart brand and it was gross but we could try Target brand.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011