Is this why they want to keep records sealed?

Happy Fathers Day to Mr. Ryba. Congrats on finding your son! NO Thanks to CC!

Maryland father finds his son after 35 years
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-adoption-search-ryba-20110619,0,2744640,full.story

The hard-won reunion came after years of searches, heartbreak and false leads. Ryba's adoption agency, Catholic Charities of Trenton, N.J., had "reunited" him with another man in 2004. But four years later they learned through DNA tests that they weren't related. Before Ryba's quest ended, there would be an investigation by New Jersey authorities, leaked names and two more DNA tests.

How do they do this?? Mix-up and *loose* babies?

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 6:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Adoption

• Unbelievable!! They did not even have any kind of ID on the babies at the maternity home! And I guess that details like when you were born or who your bparents were are not important when it comes to adoptees- (sarcasm). I did not realize Gov Christie had till Thursday to sign the bill opening records. Maybe this is why he has delayed signing it. I so hope he does and that other states start getting their bills passed and signed as well!
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• pinkdragon: I know it can be scary. You are taking a chance with your heart either way. I wish you peace whatever you decide.

OP:  how the heck could they blow it so badly?! Inexcusable!

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• idk but i thank god the adoption with me and my adopted son is open instead of dnas well just open facebook up :)
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• all (adult) children of adoption should be so lucky. As lucky as non-adoptees and open adoptees to know the TRUTH :(
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I used to think I wanted to know the truth but now I do not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• what changed your mind pink?
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son's APs are my facebook friends.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 3:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Here i sit in new Jersey waiting to see if Chrisite signs the bill...it passed in the senate 27-10. I want my obc!!! This is my right...my right is to all my medial information,cultural information...etc...and the birth parents have up to a yr. to sign a form stating thhey still want to be anonymous. I did not make a choice to live without my medical and cultural information and without my obc!
    How pathetic they screw up all the time and why is it always with children!!!
    Gracie06

Answer by Gracie06 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I don't know... but that is really sad...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2011