Does your baby's whining and crying ever get on your nerves?

My baby is teething. She cries and whines a lot and I have done everything for her. She also wants to be held all the time. I switch things up for her by letting her play in her walker, in her play pen and let her crawl around too. Its just constant whining and crying when she does all this. I feel like I can't take it anymore. I mean as I type she whines. Then she wakes up in her crib wanting to be with me. Its so nerve racking. Does anyone else ever get this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have gotten this way before. When my kids would do this I would put them in their cribs walk out the back door and scream at the top of my lungs. One really bad days I might even sit down with a drink and turn the radio on, my DD would crawl around me wanting me to hold her and I would for a little while. It is okay to be frustrated with all the whining and crying, you just have to find a way to shut it. Sometimes if it was a really hard day when DH would get home I would say after dinner I'm go out for a little while and I would go to the store or just walk around the mall. Anything to get me out of the house for a little while.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes Yes yes still does sometimes to the point where i have to go on what ive began to call my "cry walk"! mine is my first so it sucks sometimes if this is your first i need to say that it gets easier if not then i need to say IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• When mine were that age I would make sure there was nothing I could do to fix it, and then go into the bathroom, sit down with the tub running and the fan going, and just get a breather. If taking a step away makes you a better mama, do it. Sometimes just getting a break from it can help you handle it better.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Its ok and very normal to be frustrated :) lack of sleep and overstimulation makes me feel crazy. As long as baby is in a crib or safe environment (or with someone else) take a bath or lay down or something that helps you relax. Its ok to walk away and scream lol
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes!!! I would get so frustrated because nothing I did helped and I know he was just as irritated as I was!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yes I have been there. After making sure I did all I could and the high pitch scream continued, I have walked out my back door for a minute or two to scream and stamp my feet and cry. Yes I have thrown a grown up temper tantrum of my own and just hope my neighbors didn't see it. I was sleep deprived, overwhelmed, and frustrated that I couldn't calm my baby. I thought I should be able to. I thought if I was a good mother that he wouldn't be so fussy. I was mad at myself for not being able to do it. I needed to have my tantrum so that I could calm down and try again to be the calm, patient mother I thought would be easy to be. Motherhood is hard. In general I am a good mother. Most babies have fussy moments occasionally. Teething hurts, gassy bellies, and stuffy noses even the best mother can't prevent every fussy moment.
    Mom2Kaylie

Answer by Mom2Kaylie at 7:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I thought I was going crazy. Even DH gets annoyed with her whining at times. I will be glad when she is done cutting her K9 teeth, or eye teeth. They really are the worst. Thank you so much ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, it can be frustrating sometimes. I would say the best thing to do in this situation is tune it out, but also acknowledge the pain there having and saying I'm so sorry your in pain sweetie, I love and encouraging words like that. My son really liked when I rocked him and held him tight with music or humming.
    And, be sure to give pain meds if the pain is really bad,
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Oh my god! I SO feel your pain!!! My son is teething too and he has been absolutely terrible!! Poor kid he just whines and cries all the time no matter what I do! Last week I actually just went into my room and cried lol. It seems so childish and silly but it really gets to you to hear whining all the time! You feel like a bad mother or that you should be able to take it but really I know exactly how you feel. I'm a stay at home mom and when it gets to the point that I'm starting to get irritated, I just go to my room and lay on my bed for 10-15 minutes and leave my son alone and I just close my eyes. Usually it's just enough to make you sane again.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011