Epidural or Natural ?

I was wondering when you guys gave birth, did you get the epidural or did you go natural ? And how was your experience ?

@ doulala I am not having any more children had my tubes removed was just asking a general question about what others had when they had their children

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first I ended up giving in and getting the epi after it had been over 24 hours. Turned out that was a good thing because I ended up with an emergency c-sec when he would not pass through the birth canal. He was face up and his chin was getting hung on my pelvis. I tried for over 4 hours with no success. With my second I scheduled the c-sec since she was int he same position and I only had a 20% chance of a successful VBAC. If they had said anything over 50% I would have given it a try...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had an epidural with the first and did natural with the second. I choose natural 1000x over!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Epidural with the first, hated it.

Natural with the 2nd, and after it was over, I was bouncing off the walls with adrenaline.

If I ever, BIG if, have another - I'd go natural again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Natural. It was painful. LOL.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had one baby naturally,and one baby csection. (Epidural) I would do anything to have another baby naturally!! I felt everything and it helped me bond with my first child a lot faster.
    spugmommie7

Answer by spugmommie7 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• This is a very personal decision and one you need to make for yourself and should research, but not rule anything out before hand. I wanted to go natural and did with both mine and it was a wonderful experience for me. I had not ruled out an epidural or some other form of drugs, but I also had researched other non drug ways to cope with the pain. With my first that was a warm shower and with my second it all went so quick I didn't have much time to be in pain.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Had two with the epi and one without. It seemed without the recovery was much faster, healing and all.
    It is a personal decision. And sometimes, you'll just have to wait and see, how your labor goes and how your feeling durning labor.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I wanted to go natural with my first but after 3 hours of killer contractions i wanted the epidural i hated it the first time but with my second i did the epidural again the first time i got it i flinched the second time i flinched again but the doctor putting the epi. in my back told me i had to hold so still that i was a statue after he said that and put it in my back i was VERY HAPPY and didnt feel a thing till the last 5 minutes or so.
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had epidural both times it went smooth
    momof2-1986

Answer by momof2-1986 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have done both. The first 3 kids with no epi my doctors didnt even offer it, they were like you can do it, however I did use Demerol and stadoll LOL. With my 4th I planned natural again but it was my 2nd induction and did NOT go as smoothly as planned. He was in distress so I had an epidural and my labor was twice as long as it was with my first 3. With my 5th I did the epidural again it only numbed half my body they did it wrong. By the time they fixed it I was over 9 cm so what was the point? The epi is nice you dont feel much but I think honestly in my experiences with 5 kids it takes longer to have your baby.

Answer by gemgem at 7:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011