Is it this simple? well, not.. but ??? adult content

Okay, if I had my tubes tied in 2000, and want to have another baby.
Isn't it as easy, I know not easy. but would invetero work? Harvest his sperm and eggs and inplant them.
Or do you have to have the tubes untited?
He is 45 and I'm 36. If age plays a factor.
We've looked up some info on line, but wondering where else to start.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well hopefully I can offer some hope... There is the BEST and I mean BEST tubal reversal Dr in Kentucky his name is Dr Levin and you can find him on Babies-by-levin.com you can send your TL report to him he will review it and personally call you giving you his suggestion. I had my tubes cut and burned in 99 and January 6th of this year I went and had Dr Levin put me back together. The procedure costs $6200 to $7200 depending on your height and weight and no insurance will not pay for it. He is the pioneer in TR's and OMG he's AWESOME!! Our hotel stay was included in the fees and he came to my hotel room the following morning to chat with me and go over odds and whatnot. ALSO once your home he keeps in touch!! He will see you through your first trimester when you do get PG. I am also 36 my husband & I have been TTC for about 5 months now. Dr L gave me an 80% chance of success. Let me know if you have any questions =)
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 3:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Idk hun, heres a bump
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There's a few things to consider. If you opt for ivf, you might not get pregnant right away, the daily hormone injections and the chances of multiples. Say it takes 4 cycles for you to get pregnant, that's almost 30,000$ plus more than a month of extra hormone shots and drugs. But, once you get your baby, your done, you don't have to worry about getting pregnant again. If you go for reversal, you'll pay the up front cost, ( I've heard from $5000-7500$) once your tubes are reversed, you try to get pregnant, as you normally would, every month until you are. However, then you will have to pay for another tubal.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• best is probably to talk to your doctor about it. It will probably be very costly.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• They would have to retrieve an egg. It will increase the price of ivf because you will have to be monitored so that they egg is retrieved before released. But it is totally possible to do ivf after a tubal and still have a successful pregnancy. You will also have to consider that it might not take on the first try.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, I would think they could do IVF. When they retrieve eggs they pass the needle through the vaginal wall, so they don't need your tubes to be open for that. According to the American Pregnancy Association, the live birth rate of IVF in women age 35 to 37 from any given cycle is only 25%, so you should be sure that you're prepared for that.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• $7,000 sounds about right. IVF does sound like viable option in your case but I have to admit I don't have a lot of experience with it.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 9:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Not sure about how they would get an egg from you since your tubes are tied.. You can use his sperm and a donated egg.. Nothing is wrong with your uterus when you have your tubes tied so you should be able to carry a baby without an issue.. Ask a IVF specialist if it can be done with your egg..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm not sure but good luck!
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• A friend of mine had a tubal reversal and became pregnant....although it took her a while to conceive. You absolutely can get pregnant with IVF, although like a previous poster said, it may take more than one cycle.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2011