Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Visitation/Custody? *Edit

DD is 7. She goes for supervised visits every other weekend. They go to another town in our state that is 4 hrs away. Last weekend they did not bring her back on Sun because they called to ask could she stay until Mon. I told them that was ok but I wanted her back by 12 noon. I even sent a text saying the same. Noon came and went so I waited until 12:30 and started calling and texting her, grandmother, and my ex. By 1:30 with no answer at all I was a little frantic. I called the police who wanted to know my ex's address. That is when I realized I do not have their new address. (They just moved from a hotel to an appt) So I ask my ex for the address and he said he will not give it to me. He is behind on child support and does not want to be ruled in. What can I do?
About the being late, she did not even leave to bring dd home until the police called her. She is totally nuts. I don't know what sh would have done had the police not called her.

I talked to the court office Friday and they said I need his address to serve papers. They said I could deny his visit and let him bring me in on contempt charges and I could tell the judge why I denied visits.

Answer Question

Asked by treynlisa at 7:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 20 (9,618 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • You need to go see a lawyer and go to DSS and see if they can help.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • You think DSS can help? We have court orders from our divorce. I really feel like I need a lawyer at this point. But don't know how to afford one.

    Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • I'd do what the court said, don't allow visits. If he asks why, tell him. If he wants DD, you'll get an address. Then I'd quickly figure out if it was correct. Send him a certified letter or drive DD there. I would've freaked out as well, in fact something similar happened and I freaked immediately. I called everyone I had a number for that might have anyway of knowing where they were.

    Answer by camiam81 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • sounds like you should deny visitation

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • before his next visit come you need to contact the court and file the necessary papers BEFORE hand..DO NOT DENY the visits first if you do then you will be in contempt and you dont want that..there are papers you can file..they should have plenty of time to file the papers before your next visit..if nothing else let the sheriffs dept be sitting with you when they come to get her for their visitation that way you know they can be served then at that point just leave..or you can go and file for emergency custody with the court house and more than likely you will get it under the circumstances bc by law they have to give you correct phone nums and addresses

    Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • I wouldn't deny visits, I would tell him he could see her for supervised visits until you get an address. For him. I can't imagine how frightening this was! Or consult a lawyer (maybe through legal aid or women's shelter) about what is the next safest way to get what you need without jeopardizing custody of your daughter. Do you have any friends who are good at PI work?

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • wait he already has supervised visitations AND he refused to give an adress AND the supervisor did not bring the child on time nor call etc. I'd take the police report in and file and emergency hearing to supend visitation until there is a new supervisor and an address.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.