How do I ween my 19 month old?

He won't take a pacifier and that is all I seem to be now, not so much a "milk provider".

njmott

Asked by njmott at 12:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A friend of mine put a bandaid over each of her nipples and told her son that they were broken. It sounds crazy, but it worked. He was able to understand the simplicity of it, although she had to wear bandaids on her boobs for a week or so. He actully felt bad for her because they were broken, it was really sweet. Good Luck
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Give him a bottle or sippy cup and don't offer him the boob anymore. He'll probably fuss for a couple of days, but he'll get over it soon. My son was weaned from the boob in one day, and eventually weaned off the bottle in 1 day also... he'll be mad for a while, but he'll find other ways to pacify himself.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008