Periods after birth?

My son is a little over six months old and I still haven't had a period. I haven't been breastfeeding since he was about 5 weeks old. Two pregnancy test both negative. Should I be concerned?

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• i was the same way, it takes a while for ur body to get back to normal. go to doc and get checked out. wont hurt anything. good luck mama
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be nervous. it takes some women much longer to start getting their periods back to a regular cycle or even getting a cycle at all. But it does seem like it is easier to get pregnant after you just had a baby....
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would call your ob and ask if that is normal. Sounds like a long time if your not currently breastfeeding.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had the same thing happen. They made me take a pregnancy test to make sure and then they gave me a pill to help start it. But, they said your body will get back to it's normal ways soon.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011