How do you treat sunburns?

I know everyone has there own little tricks. I'm using aloe now. Just curious if anyone out there had different ideas.

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 7:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• Aloe worked for me. I also heard that if you use Tylenol in the 1st 24 hours it will lessen the pain..not sure if that is true or not
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I put vinegar on my kids and then aloe.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Ive used aloe, but i kept it in the fridge first. it felt better when I put it on cold. And Ive also used some cold wet wash cloths. Just lay them across the sunburn.
    beckymom18

Answer by beckymom18 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I use aloe vera gel. I can't remember how well this worked (or if it helped) back in 1985 my mom had a horrible sun burn (her back was almost as red as a tomato) we put noxema on her....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• prevention olea
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go and get an oatmeal bath mix. It will be near the epsome salt. It will take the sting away and help turn it into a tan and no peeling. After the bath put aloe on it.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2011