What birth control do you take?

I do not want a IUD.

I have been on Yaz for 2 months and HATE it! I have awful headaches and I am so moody!
I am not usually a moody person.

What are you on or was on in the past that you would recommend?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 8:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• I'm probably no help - I had a tubal after my daughter was born and would have opted for an IUD otherwise. I did very well on Yasmin for years before getting pregnant. You could ask to switch to a different kind of pill, or the minipill.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• i'm currently pregnant but once i have my son i'm going to go back on Depo i never got pregnant when i was on it :) and it didn't make me moody or anything:)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I am on Nortrel birth control pills. I tried Yaz and I couldn't believe how awful I felt on it.. Nortrel I haven't had any side effects.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 8:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have an IUD. this is the first time I've used one and I don't really care for it but it's better than having to take pills or remembering to change patches or rings or whatever. I have spotting like every other day or so so it's kinda irritating but my daughter is also only 12 weeks old so my body might not be regular yet.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 9:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• depro shot. I don't get a period :)
    spidermonkey090

Answer by spidermonkey090 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• pills
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Been on various BCPs since I was 24. Currently taking LoEstrin24Fe. Love it!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011