How do I get rid of bed bugs without wrapping my mattress?

I have recently gotten bed bugs because of some dirtyness issues, and they are on my couch my bed my dressers everything and its very dangerous to spray bug spray where u sit and sleep and I cant wrap my mattress and its a foam mattress so they are allll inside of it so I need to get rid of them quick before my air mattress bursts lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• wow..i dont know what to tell you..if i were you i would throw out everything and start over and if i couldnt afford to do that i would still try to trash it all and go to rent a center or somewhere and get new stuff!! But since i havent had this issue before imma give ya a bump hoping you will find the answer you seek good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Your foam matteress should not have gotten bed bugs. They aren't suppose to be able to live in it. Are you sure they are bed bugs? I would call some professionals. Take all your clothes and put them in bags, put them in a deep freezer for 2-3 days. Then wash. Ive heard of people who try to take care of bed bugs on their own and only make things worse, or end up going in circles and end up calling someone,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• well idk it may be chiggers but ive had those before and ive seen bugs crawling on my bed and we dont have a deep freezer lol. and y cant foam mattresses get bed bugs and its not just my mattress lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You need to fumigate. You cannot and WILL NOT get rid of these on your own. Call a professional, and if you have kids for god's sake please get them out of the house!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'd start by talking with a professional to find out what options I have and to confirm that they're actually bed bugs.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The only thing you can do is get a new mattress. There's a lot of websites you can look at too to get ideas.
    dsadang

Answer by dsadang at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You really should seek a professional, one that specializes in them, not just a regular exterminator. If in fact it is bed bugs, you will need to do a lot of work in order for the exterminators part to be useful. My advice would be to get a bright flashlight and thoroughly search and find them. Use duct tape to scoop up as many as you can find. This goes for the eggs too. These things lay eggs like crazy and multiply at a scary rate. Look in any small space or crevices, especially on wood. Have you or your family noticed any bites that look and even feel like mosquito bites? For whatever reason, females are more likely to be bitten than males. The itching they can cause are due to your body having an allergic reaction. I've dealt with this before and I actually broke out in hives! Message me if you need any more info, I could give some helpful preparation tips, if necessary.

DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2011