Moms OVER 40 with young children?

how do you do it especially those who have health problems? Do you find yourself tired alot?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm 47 & I have a 4 & 5 year old at home. I think I am a bit more tired at the end of the day now than I was in my 20's with my 2 older kids who are now 26 & 20. I just nap with them every after noon & they have regular chores to help me out with the housework & laundry. My main focus is homeschooling & enjoying every minute I can with them before they grow up, so if I don't get everything done everyday, I don't worry about it. Now that we are older, we tend to be quite a bit more laid back & relaxed & are happy doing simple things with the 2 little ones rather than constantly going places & running the roads like we did when our 2 older ones were little. We have noticed that we definitely do the feel the age much more theses days, however, not so much that we can't keep up with them & it's not keeping us from having fun with them.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think all moms of young children are tired a lot, no?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My have 3 children that are 13, 9, and 4. We are expecting baby #4. When I wake up in the morning, I get tired of thinking of all of the things I and my children have to do. My house is messy most of the time because of them. Now that we aren't running the 2 oldest around to different ball games, they have time to clean up their messes.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm 45 with an 8 year old. I don't have any health issues but I live my life differently than most people. I firmly believe in getting off my butt every day and working as hard as I can. I have a small farm and do most of my own building and such. I don't put any chemicals in my body. We don't use medication and we don't immunize. I spend quite a bit of time in the sun. I also have smoked most of my life. I look younger than I am and am in much better health than most people my age. The only health issue that I have is migraines. I think it's all in how you live. The more medications you take, the harder it is on your body. There are so many side effects and then more medication is added to counteract it. When people are sick, they lay around and can't do anything. Rarely are we even ever sick and if we are, we don't lay around, we are up and about. If I'm tired, it's because I put a good enough day in.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, I'm wiped. I had to carve out some "me" time, just to stay sane. I take art classes once a week.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm not over 40 yet (will be 40 soon). I have some health issues that I'm working hard to overcome! I don't think I'm any more tired now than I was when I had my eldest at 29. But I don't think I would be wanting a baby after 40 (although I would be ecstatic to be mommy again lol). I think we as women do what we have to do to care for our children.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011