Does anyone get their kids tutoring during the summer to prepare them for the next grade??? If so, how did that work out?

Sweetfamily

Asked by Sweetfamily at 8:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in

• We wanted to try this. It worked out GREAT. Our youngest dd just graduated a year early this year. She just seemed better prepared and more on top of things. She started tutuoring in mid July Fresh/Soph/Junior year. I think she really surprised herself because...she did NOT want to start every July, but once she got going it was just like alot of other things. You just ....adjust to it and get on with it. Anyway, she was sure proud to walk across the stage with the Seniors at Graduation this year and get her diploma early. We think it was very worthwhile. I would choose the same again.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• He is this year and it is going great.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son just started summer tutoring today. His though is to keep him on his target reading level and hopefully go up one level. I think it will help him adjust better to 1st grade.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't pay for tutoring we buy books that have activities that the kids can do to prepare them for the grade they will be entering; also we encourage reading at least an hour every day
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2011