My son vrs my fiancee

y fiancee & my son always wrestle with each other today my fiancee grabbed my son to wrestle & my son was just not in the mood to wrestle so he kicked and squirmed to get away.... he accidently kicked my fiancee in the face & gave him bloody nose....my fiancee said i should dicipline my son over it... I said no way! y fiancee started the fight & the kick was an accident.... that my son apologized for about 20 times over.... Now my fiancee has locked him self in our bedroom like a baby! Normally my fiancee is awesome to me and my kids... what should i do?????

BSumm3rs

Asked by BSumm3rs at 9:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him cool off. Give him time alone. Your son has no reason to be diciplined for the horse play they usually have. These things will happen.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• thanks lady! thats exactly how i feel.... its normally horse play they both participat in and accidentshappen my son was so devestated he gave his "step daddy" a bloody nose. but he did NOTHING wrong!!!!!
    BSumm3rs

Comment by BSumm3rs (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sounds like a red flag.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 9:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Give him time to cool down, and tell him if he doesn't want to risk any kicks, he shouldn't start any horseplay! My dd got a bad bloody nose yesterday wrestling with dh and her siblings- her brother accidently kicked her in the face. She got over it, because she realizes it's an accident and sometimes if you play rough these things happen. Hopefully your dh will soon figure out the same!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• my son has busted my lip and head butted me all kinds of things, I don't flip out about it, accidents happen, so the fact that hes reacting like that would make me kind of iffy. Kids are not as aware as adults and he should know that. His reaction is a bit over the top but let him have his space if its still a problem friday I'd rethink things.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 9:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• we been togehter for almost 2 years i thought i relly found a keeper he has always been sooooo great w/ me & my kids.... but this last shit makes me ?????
    BSumm3rs

Comment by BSumm3rs (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• let him chill, he's prolly just in pain and reacting wrong about it. Let him relax and calm down and talk to him about his behavior.. I know your son didn't nothing wrong, you know it, but he has to acknowledge that being upset about it was wrong. If he can't.. I agree with cluemein, that's it's a red flag.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'd question it too. I'm sure it hurt and sometimes when we get hurt we overreact at that moment. But as soon as the pain eases, we realize that we aren't really mad at the person, we were just hurt. With him continuing to act like this I would worry that in the future there will be problems. This is coming from someone that had two different men in her son's life that had issues with him. Not my daughters. Just watch and listen for those bells that give you any warnings. We have women's intuition. It's there for a reason.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No way would I discipline your son for something your fiance started! I'd wait until he isn't being so cranky and talk to him about it. If he isn't able to weather the occasional accident without losing his cool, then he shouldn't initiate the horseplay.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I see some red flags honey=( good luck!
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 10:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011