How long until teething pain stops bothering him?

My baby is 5 months old and he is getting his two bottom teeth at once! It puts him in a horrible mood...which is worst when i first try to get him down...so i was wondering...granted he doesn't get any more teeth for awhile, how long will the teeth bother him?

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They bother him until they are well broken through the gum. Teething tablets do help to calm the baby down and help him relax for sleep. They can be used with the pain meds since they don't help with the pain itself - just the emotional upset.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh, and i do give him tylenol and orajel but he still has discomfort
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I've heard not to use orajel because it toughens the gums and makes it harder for the teeth to come through. We've used "Teething Tablets" and they work really well! We've found them at Walgreens and Walmart. They are homeopathic so I don't feel like I'm "drugging" my child and they seem to ease the pain right away.
    mom51208

Answer by mom51208 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my son I SWEAR came out teething - but didn't get his 2 bottom teeth til 7 months and now he's 13 months with only 8 teeth and I think he's still teething cause its been around 6 weeks since he's gotten a tooth - and apparently this is only the begining - the molars are supposed to be WAY worse - some kids aren't bothered by teething but my son is VERY affected!! good luck - the older my son got, the easier it got - but I can still tell by how he's sleeping and his mood when he's going to get another one -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008