Knot under the skin????... It moves and painful

My daughter has a knot under her skin on the back by the shoulder and its painful it just happen on Friday..So i dont want to get alarmed but what exactly can this be and it doesnt have a "head" on it ..Its just under the skin.

JacquitaH

Asked by JacquitaH at 10:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• She could have pulled a muscle. Call the doctor on Monday and get it checked out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• This could be a cyst. There are cysts that ate called Sebaceous, which is full of a white waxy substance and is not hard at all and can be removed. It could very well be one of those fatty type cysts. Now you say it hurts, which could mean that it might be coming to a head. Or, that it is a result of some kind of injury, or some other kind of cyst that should be checked out by a dermatologist. Cysts usually don't just appear suddenly. Keep an eye on it, and get in to the dermatologist if it doesn't go away. I've had some experience with cysts of the Sebaceous kind on my head mainly. I've had them removed.
    Probated

Answer by Probated at 3:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank you to both of you!!!
    JacquitaH

Comment by JacquitaH (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• what do you mean by "it moves"? Does it seem to wiggle or shift, or do you mean YOU can move it around? If it's moving on its own, it could be a parasite. If you can physically take hold of it and wiggle it a bit then it's possibly a cyst.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011