My son is scared of other kids!

Today we went on a walk to a festival down the street. There was a bouncy house and my son REFUSED to go in it because other kids were in it. The other day I tried getting my son to play with the new neighbor kids but he wouldn't. He won't play with any kids when we go to the park either. He does have some interaction with a couple other kids that he actually knows, but thats about it. We don't have any other kids in our family that he can play with either. Im getting very worried about this! How can I build my son's confidence, or at least get him to open up to other kids???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Time for preschool or a mommy and me play group. He needs to be in a situation where he can learn how to be social with other kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• i would try a 2 day a week preschool this way he can build his social skills but yet it will only be 2 days a week. my dd been in daycare since she was about 12 weeks so she is the total opposite. she loves to play with all children. My little cousin went to preschool for socialization and it was a good experience for him and he is 15now and very social. kids change so much over time. my goddaughter was the shyiest child you could ever meet and she 18 now and just the complete opposite. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2011