Tiny Spy Planes Mimic Birds, Insects

Tiny Spy Planes Mimic Birds, Insects

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 10:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Cool I just hope they use it for good things, not just for taking away more of our freedoms.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't know whether to laugh or plan out a lawsuit now ... my guineas would EAT those!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't know if I'd call it fascinating minne ... but it definitely is interesting. Wonder if the little buggers can be swatted with a conventional flyswatter, and if we do, how much would it end up costing us if they caught us lol! Personally, I think I'd have fun with them. Target practice ...

Do they only do anti-war stuff, or are these things fluttering around all over the place?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well, I can see the potential for both good and bad uses, but they aren't big enough to defend themselves. So, that tends to leave us able to swat them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Wonder what the "spy stuff" they aren't showing us, looks like?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Hmmmm....and I thought the resident hummingbird we had in our backyard just liked the nectar feeders we had! LOL

I'll make sure to wave and smile next time!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My husband and I were talking about these not too long ago. I ask him about them being used on "we the people"...his reply..."you're a smart woman, what do you think"....so I guess that answered that.

I think it is great IF it is used for good things...could save lives. I think though it is just one more tool they govt has to keep us in check. We no longer have the luxury of "hiding" if everything hits the fan. We can be found anywhere.....imho that is very scary.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Wow, the bug in the 2nd link is really creepy!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• That is fascinating!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• "The CIA secretly developed a petrol-powered dragonfly drone back in the 1970s but the "insectothopter" was considered a failure as it couldn't handle crosswinds.

The CIA refused to discuss its subsequent work but it is known that the Defence Department has been funding research into inserting computer chips into moth pupae to create "cyborg moths" whose flight muscles can be controlled remotely. "
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011