Ideas for announcing pregnancy?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to announce to our family that we are expecting? We are only 7 weeks so we don't plan on announcing it till we are 12 weeks, but I need some good ideas!

cookielover20

Asked by cookielover20 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some kind of shirt with a cute saying on it?? Check out some maternity websites.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• look on youtube, pregnancy announcemnts, you can get a lot of ideas there
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Email Congrats telling them they'll be grams, gramps, aunt, uncle ect... with a picture of a baby maybe photoshopped from your and so's baby pics?? I don't know. That would have been fun. Never thought of that before.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Lol my sis got a shirt from a website asking "does this baby make me look fat?!" That's a great idea.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Have a cookout or some sort of get together and have everyone pose for a picture that you'll be taking. Instead of asking them to "say cheese"---ask them to say "say (your name)'s pregnant!!!!"

You will have a priceless picture of everyone's surprised faces and get to share your big news!

Congrats to you! :D
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yeah I like the shirt idea. If there is an older sibling, have them wear a shirt that says, "I'm going to be a big brother/sister." For Halloween DH and I announced baby #2 by wearing a shirt that I made that said, "Bun in the oven." and I drew a little oven with a bun in it.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• a recording a the heartbeat on the phone, and then play it after everyone gets settled, but the glow at the front door might give it away.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• wait till you get the first ultrasound and ask the family over for a cook out, get a cake with the ultrasound printed on it..that would be sooo cool!
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I like the picture idea. haha I think that's cute
    daddysgirl199

Answer by daddysgirl199 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I recorded the baby's heartbeat and played it over the phone to the different family members. They didn't know what they were listening to. That is how they found out about our 1st DS. We are expecting our 4th. A few weeks ago, we announced that we were expecting. Everyone was so surprised. Our children are 13, 9, & 4. DH and I were surprised as well when we got the news from the Dr.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2011